FEAP is the largest and most sophisticated finite element program for the stress, random vibration, fatigue life, 3D convective fluid flow and thermal analysis of printed circuit boards (PCBs) and electronic systems. FEAP totally integrates the NISA II/DISPLAY III/IV family of programs to simultaneously perform any or all of these analyses for any PCB configuration. This task is made easy by the fully automated mesh generation and the pre- and post-processing capabilities that are part of the program. Furthermore, a unique feature of FEAP allows the study of forced cooling effects on PCBs and inside multiple board electronic systems through a complete 3D convective fluid flow analysis.
FEAP is a program for performing a complete and detailed structural, fatigue, thermal and fluid flow analysis on printed circuit boards (PCBs) and the mounted components including:
- Steady state heat transfer
- Transient heat transfer
- 3D fluid flow, forced or free convection
- Random vibration
- Frequency response
- Transient dynamics (shock testing)
- Fatigue life computation
- Extremely user-friendly graphics pre-processor
- Fully automated finite element mesh generator
- Built-in interfaces to P-CAD, MENTOR GRAPHICS, PCB ENGINEER, etc.
- Large user-expandable built-in library of commercially used component types
- Complete Integration with NISA family of programs